|Job Industry||Broadcast Media|
ChyronHego is a global leader in broadcasting and sports technology. ChyronHego develops and distributes broadcasting and sports most widely deployed technologies — including Lyric®, the world’s most popular broadcast graphics creation and playout offering; the all-new CAMIO Universe newsroom workflow; and the TRACAB™ optical sports tracking system.
ChyronHego’s solutions are used by thousands of broadcasters from around the world including ABC, FOX, CBS, ESPN, Turner Entertainment Networks, the BBC, and SkySports, and top sports leagues such as English Premier League, Bundesliga, and MLB.
ChyronHego is backed by Vector Capital, a leading technology private equity firm with a successful track record of growing businesses through strategic and operational efforts.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Accountant will provide day to day support to the Accounting Manager. You will serve as the primary person to coordinate and execute key procedures and prepare journal entries and reconciliations as part of the monthly close process, with a focus on revenue and margin reporting. This role will also support the financial reporting process. Here’s an overview:
- Monthly Close/Analysis
- Record monthly recurring entries for revenue, cost of goods sold, payroll, etc.
- Reconciliation of supporting schedule for revenue and key cost/expense accounts
- Completion of monthly close tasks, including detailed review of accounts on a transactional basis
- Complete monthly budget to actual comparison for all revenue and key cost/expense accounts
- Cash Management
- Daily posting of cash receipts based upon lockbox deposits and wire transfers from the bank
- Daily reconciliation of the checking account to cleared wires and checks
- Assist in the preparation of the weekly revenue forecast
- Obtain and maintain understanding of various revenue streams to ensure compliance with current accounting standards
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly sales commission reports
- Participate in the completion of the year-end audit work for both internal and external reporting requirements
- Participate in the completion of state sales and use tax audits
- Preparation and reporting of monthly/quarterly sales and use tax returns
- Ad hoc reporting as requested by management
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and deploy key metrics/measures to evaluate success and validate impact
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of audit experience at a mid/top tier public accounting firm
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in navigating detailed system-generated source reports and manipulating data
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, NetSuite knowledge is a plus
- Enthusiastic and intellectually curious about technology, and are motivated by the challenges of helping to transform our company
- Strong at effectively juggling competing priorities and meeting deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter who can own and resolve problems, operate independently, set and enforce smart boundaries, and provide recommendations consistent with good business practices and common sense
- A highly collaborative person who is flexible, and provides proactive and creative solutions that are responsive to your team and leadership
- Meticulous with your attention to detail, and produce a high-quality work product, with a demonstrated track record of disciplined execution and exceptional organization skills
- Able to fit into a hardworking, but sociable environment
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the role. We’d love to learn about your skills, goals and what you’re passionate about.